Why Timing is Probably Costing YouSeptember 19th, 2017
If you’re like most people, you probably use electricity when it’s most convenient. It can seem easier to run the dishwasher right after dinner or do a load of laundry on a Saturday afternoon. But often, the most convenient times to use electricity—in the afternoon and evening—happen to be when the most demand is placed on the electrical grid (around 5pm is typically the highest). The grid is a system of generating stations that produce electricity for customers. When demand on the grid is high, two things happen:
- the cost of electricity goes up
- the grid has to get power from less efficient sources, with extra fossil fuels burned to generate the same amount of electricity
- Keeping lights off when not you are not using them (or even better, using timers or motion sensors)
- Running your pool pump at night or in the early morning
- Keeping fans off when you are not in the room
SWITCH TO VOLT TODAY
We’re excited to connect with you, to learn more about your needs, and to provide the best energy solution for your home or business.
Let us know how we’re doing. We appreciate your suggestions as we strive to serve our customers always.
TOLL FREE 866-340-8658
P.O. Box 692210
Houston, TX 77269